HOST-COHOST TOWN RESIDENTS
- A host town is the town in which a collection is physically taking place. If another town is listed in the schedule with the host town, that is the co-host town. There may be one or two co-host towns.
- Residents of host and co-host towns may attend their own town's collection at no charge. Proof of residency* is required
- Residents of Cohasset, Duxbury, Middleboro, Norwell, Rockland and Weymouth may attend any SSRC collection with proof of residency*. (Those SSRSC Member towns have provided blanket authorization for their residents to attend).
- Residents of the other SSRC Member Towns (Abington, Hanover, Hanson, Hingham, Hull, Kinghston, Plymouth, Scituate and Whitman) may attend any SSRC HHW collection at no cost IF they obtain and bring a Visitor Authorization Form from their own town's Hazardous Waste Coordinator.
• Proof of residency* is required at event.
• Please note limits on the subsidized quantity on the form. If you have more material than your town will subsidize, see below for instructions on payment for excess quantities.
* proof of residency includes driver's license, car registration, tax or utility bill, or transfer station sticker
OUT OF TOWN or UNAUTHORIZED RESIDENTS, EXCESS QUANTITIES
- If you are from a town that is NOT a Member of the SSRC or
- If you are from Abington, Hanover, Hanson, Hingham, Hull, Kinghston, Plymouth, Scituate or Whitman, AND your town is neither hosting nor cohosting the event you wish to attend, AND you don't have a Visitor Authorization Form from your town's responsible department or
- If you have a Visitor Authorization Form, but have more material than the form indicates your Town will subsidize
then please bring a check made out to Stericycle Environmental to cover applicable costs.
QUANTITY & COST
Costs are based on container size for liquids (not contents), and approximate weight for solids, payable by check to Stericycle Environmental:
Less than 10 gallons / 20 lbs: $26
10-25 gallons / 21-50 lbs: $48
Larger quantities are assessed in additional multiples of $48
Note: minimum charge for collection at home or facility is $400, plus cost of material.
Please DO NOT BAG your materials, it makes it difficult for us to assess it.
BRING A BOOK: Lines can sometimes be long, especially in the first hour of a collection. We strive tokeep wait times under a half hour, but it is not always possible. Walk-ins are not allowed, due to safety issues.
RESIDENTS call the SSRC at 781-329-8318 with questions.