The South Shore Recycling Cooperative is a voluntary association of South Shore municipalities established in 1998.
The SSRC is a regional government entity with dedicated staff.
It helps its Member municipalities improve their recycling programs, and reduce the quantity, toxicity and cost of disposal by:
- MANAGING their solid waste programs efficiently
- MAINTAINING a working knowledge of service providers and the most efficient systems available for managing municipal solid waste
- PROVIDING economy of scale through regional procurement of services while allowing member towns to maintain full control over solid waste management
- EDUCATING residents about how and why they should manage their waste materials thoughtfully
- ADVOCATING for funding, sensible laws and regulations that accomplish the goal of minimizing waste and cost, and maximizing recovery of useful materials
Become A Member Town
Contact: Claire Galkowski, Executive Director South Shore Recycling Cooperative
CHAIRMAN: Merle Brown, Cohasset
VICE CHAIRMAN: Paul Basler, Kingston
TREASURER: Arlene Dias, Hanson
SECRETARY: Jean Landis Nauman, Kingston
AT LARGE: Jonathan Beder, Plymouth