Other HHW Options
Brockton Recycling Depot
Accepts paint Apr-Oct, other HHW year round
WHERE: 300 Oak Hill Way, Brockton.
HOURS: Mon-Sat, 8:30AM – 3:00 PM
COST: $4 per 1 gal container, other items case by case
Click here for more information.
Recolor Paints, LLC
Accepts latex paints and coatings for recycling year round
WHERE: 149 B Winter Street – Hanover.
HOURS: Mon-Fri 9 am-2 pm up to 30 gal
PHONE: 781-732-6567, if <30 gal
COST: $2 per container
See recolorpaints.com for a description of what is accepted and what is not accepted.
Cape Cod: Cape Cod Cooperative Extension Service
Runs several HHW collections in spring, summer and fall. If you are not a resident of the host town, and cannot wait for a local event, you may pre-register two weeks ahead of an event using the “small business” rules. (availability to non-Cape residents may be limited)
WHERE: Check Website
COST: Check Website
Braintree: Clean Harbors
Resident drop-off Saturdays from May 1, 2021 to mid November 8am-noon
WHERE: 1 Hill Ave. – Braintree
COST: $3.00/lb (including liquids). Checks and credit cards only
CALL: 781-380-7100 ext 0
TVs, monitors, air conditioners and refrigerators also accepted, $20-30 each.
- Offer to take $100 off price, or pay the new resident to manage the material. Leave them the link to the South Shore Recycling Cooperative website. Have them sign up for our email notifications here.
- Give away usable leftover materials.
- Post usable material for free on Craigslist or your local community bulletin board. (You may be surprised what people will take!)
- Ask a friend to bring the material to an upcoming event.
- Bring your material with you (movers won’t allow it in their trucks though).<