Eight Saturday collections from April through November
WHERE: 60 Hartwell Avenue – Lexington
COST: Open to Non-Residents for a Fee (Check website for details). Check only. (Need to register as a business.)
Sutton (south of Worcester): New England Disposal Technologies
Accepts residential hazardous waste at cost on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-4 year round
WHERE: 83 Gilmore Drive – Sutton
COST: Check Website – Cash or Credit
Recolor Paints, LLC
Accepts latex paints and coatings for recycling year round
WHERE: 149 B Winter Street – Hanover. Call ahead for appointment 781-732-6567
COST: $2 per container
See recolorpaints.com for a description of what is accepted and what is not accepted.
Cape Cod: Cape Cod Cooperative Extension Service
Runs several HHW collections in spring, summer and fall. If you are not a resident of the host town, and cannot wait for a local event, you may pre-register two weeks ahead of an event using the “small business” rules. (availability to non-Cape residents may be limited)
WHERE: Check Website
COST: Check Website
Braintree: Clean Harbors
Resident drop-off Saturdays from May 1, 2021 to mid November 8am-noon
WHERE: 1 Hill Ave. – Braintree
COST: $3.00/lb checks and credit cards only
CALL: 781-380-7100 ext 0
TVs, monitors, air conditioners and refrigerators also accepted, $20-30 each.
- Offer to take $100 off price, or pay the new resident to manage the material. Leave them the link to our website. Have them sign up for our email notifications here.
- Give away usable leftover materials.
- Post usable material for free on Craigslist or your local community bulletin board. (You may be surprised what people will take!)
- Ask a friend to bring the material to an upcoming event.
- Bring your material with you (movers won’t allow it in their trucks though).