6 Fall HHW events are in the works, beginning 9/12
Schedule and printable flyer coming in August
Pre-registration will be required
IF YOU HAVE HAND SANITIZER DEEMED TOXIC BY FDA:
1. Target, WalMart and Costco will take it back with a receipt
2. BJs Wholesale Club is considering taking it back, at our request. Call 508-591-1009 (Plymouth) or 781-335-8500 (Weymouth) for status of decision.
3. If BJs decides not to help its consumers by accepting it, hold on to it and bring to an upcoming HHW event. We will have a collection container at the entrance, so pre-registration and waiting in line won’t be necessary
To gain entry, keep the line moving and the staff safe\:
1. Box, DON’T BAG, material. We need to see it.
2. Place all material in TRUNK, BED or REAR of vehicle.
3. Wear a NOSE AND MOUTH COVERING.
4. If no “dump” sticker, have PROOF OF RESIDENCY*, Authorization Form if applicable, or CHECK to ACV Enviro ready.
- Residents of host and co-host towns may attend their own town’s collection at no charge. Proof of residency is required*
- Residents of Abington, Cohasset, Duxbury, Hanson, Norwell, Pembroke, Plymouth, and Rockland may attend out of town events with proof of residency*. Town will cover the cost. (standing by for Middleboro, Scituate, Weymouth and Whitman)
- Residents of Hanover, Hingham, Hull and Kingston may attend out of town events at no cost IF they obtain and bring a Visitor Authorization Form from their own town’s Hazardous Waste Coordinator. Please note the limits on the subsidized quantity on the form. If you have more material than your town will subsidize, see below for instructions on payment for excess quantities.
- Proof of residency* is required at event.
* Proof of residency includes driver’s license, car registration, tax or utility bill, or transfer station/recycling center sticker
BRING A CHECK made out to ACV Enviro IF:
- You are from Hanover, Hingham, Hull or Kingston AND you don’t have a Visitor Authorization Form from your town’s responsible department OR
- you have a Visitor Authorization Form, but have more material than the form indicates your Town will subsidize
- Your material is from a commercial source
You are from a town that is NOT a Member of the SSRC: We cannot admit residents of non-Member towns at the September events due to expected high volumes. Click here for other options.)
Quantity and Cost
Costs are based on container size for liquids (not contents), and approximate weight for solids, payable by check to MXI Environmental:
|Less than 10 gallons/10 lbs||$30|
|10-25 gallons/10-25 lbs||$52|
|Each additional quantity up to 25 |
NOTE: A bag of fertilizer may weigh more than 25 lbs
NOTE: Minimum charge for pickup at home or facility is $650, plus cost of material.
Contact ACV Enviro at MobileHHW@acvenviro.com to confirm that material is acceptable, and prearrange payment
QUESTIONS: Call the SSRC at 781.329.8318
- A host town is the town in which a collection is physically taking place.
- Other town(s) listed in the schedule with the host town is/are the co-host town(s).