Household Hazardous Waste Collections
- Registration and Proof of residency are required for all attendees. (Driver’s license, car registration, tax or utility bill, or transfer station/recycling center sticker)
- Only residents and small businesses from SSRC Member Towns may register and attend. Click here for other options.
Authorization and Payment
- Residents of Host and Co-host towns, and of Abington, Braintree, Cohasset, Duxbury, East Bridgewater, Hanson, Hull, Middleboro, Norwell, Pembroke, Plymouth, Rockland, Scituate, Weymouth and Whitman: No authorization forms or payment are required. If this applies to you, skip to “Containers” below
- Residents of Hanover, Hingham, and Kingston need to bring an Authorization Form from their DPW, or a check to SSRC, to out-of-town events. We can also take PayPal using this QR code. You must have a PayPal account, and know the user name and password.
- Commercial generators email email@example.com to ensure that your material can be accepted and arrange payment.
Quantity and Cost:
If the section above indicates that you need to pay, costs are based on container size for liquids (not contents), and approximate weight for solids:
|Less than 10 gallons/10 lbs||$33 (PayPal +$1)|
|10-25 gallons/10-25 lbs||$56 (PayPal +$1.50)|
|Each additional quantity up to 25 gallons/lbs||$56 (PayPal +$2.50)|
NOTE: A bag of fertilizer may weigh more than 25 lbs.
Bring gasoline in DOT-approved gas cans (usually red plastic).
No containers larger than 5 gal. for other liquids.
If you have a drum of material, either pump contents into smaller containers, or get prior approval from Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 508-229-3545.
To gain entry and keep the line moving:
GENERAL QUESTIONS, or to reschedule or cancel Email email@example.com or
Call the SSRC at (781) 329-8318