Spring 2020 printable flyer
PLEASE CHECK BACK HERE THE WEEK BEFORE COMING TO CONFIRM whether collection is cancelled.
It is more important than ever to STAY IN YOUR VEHICLE, to minimize contact.
Residents of host and co-host towns may attend their own town’s collection at no charge. Proof of residency is required*
- A host town is the town in which a collection is physically taking place.
- Other town)s) listed in the schedule with the host town is/are the co-host town(s).
OUT OF TOWN or UNAUTHORIZED RESIDENTS, EXCESS QUANTITIES
- Residents of Abington, Duxbury, Norwell, Pembroke, Plymouth, Rockland, Scituate, Weymouth and Whitman may attend ANY SSRC collection with proof of residency*. (stay tuned as more SSRC Member Towns provide blanket authorization for their residents to attend).
- Residents of Cohasset, Hanover, Hanson, Hingham, Hull, Kingston and Middleborough may attend any SSRC HHW collection at no cost IF they obtain and bring a Visitor Authorization Form from their own town’s Hazardous Waste Coordinator. (stay tuned as others may be added)
- Please note the limits on the subsidized quantity on the form. If you have more material than your town will subsidize, see below for instructions on payment for excess quantities.
- Proof of residency* is required at event.
* Proof of residency includes driver’s license, car registration, tax or utility bill, or transfer station sticker
BRING A CHECK FOR PAYMENT IF:
- You are from a town that is NOT a Member of the SSRC OR
- You are from Hanover, Hanson, Hingham, Hull, Kingston or Middleborough, AND your town is neither hosting nor cohosting the event you wish to attend, AND you don’t have a Visitor Authorization Form from your town’s responsible department OR
- you have a Visitor Authorization Form, but have more material than the form indicates your Town will subsidize OR
- Your material is from a commercial source
- Have check made out ahead of time to: MXI Environmental
Quantity and Cost
Costs are based on container size for liquids (not contents), and approximate weight for solids, payable by check to MXI Environmental:
|Less than 10 gallons/10 lbs||$40|
|10-25 gallons/10-25 lbs||$50|
|Each additional quantity up to 25 |
NOTE: A bag of fertilizer may weigh more than 25 lbs
NOTE: Minimum charge for pickup at home or facility is $400, plus cost of material.
TIPS FOR DAY OF COLLECTION
- DO NOT BAG your materials, it makes it difficult for us to assess them. Bring in closed containers in a sturdy box.
- BRING A BOOK: Lines can sometimes be long, especially in the first hour of a collection. We strive to keep wait times under a half hour, but it is not always possible.
- Walk-ins (as opposed to drive-ins) are NOT ALLOWED, due to safety issues.
- Please STAY IN YOUR CAR. This is both for your own safety and to keep the line moving.
Contact Craig at MXI , 800.742.5542, to prearrange payment
QUESTIONS: Call the SSRC at 781.329.8318