Spring 2020 printable flyer
PLEASE CHECK HERE BEFORE COMING to confirm collection is not cancelled.
Help keep the line moving, and the staff safe:
Box, DON’T BAG, material.
Place all material in TRUNK, BED or REAR of vehicle.
Wear a NOSE AND MOUTH COVERING
If no transfer station sticker, have PROOF OF RESIDENCY ready
STAY IN YOUR VEHICLE
Residents of host and co-host towns may attend their own town’s collection at no charge. Proof of residency is required*
- A host town is the town in which a collection is physically taking place.
- Other town)s) listed in the schedule with the host town is/are the co-host town(s).
OUT OF TOWN or UNAUTHORIZED RESIDENTS, EXCESS QUANTITIES
- Residents of Abington, Duxbury, Norwell, Pembroke, Plymouth, Rockland, Scituate, Weymouth and Whitman may attend ANY SSRC collection with proof of residency*. Town will cover the cost.
- Residents of Cohasset, Hanover, Hanson, Hingham, Hull, Kingston and Middleborough may attend any SSRC HHW collection at no cost IF they obtain and bring a Visitor Authorization Form from their own town’s Hazardous Waste Coordinator. (stay tuned as others may be added)
- Please note the limits on the subsidized quantity on the form. If you have more material than your town will subsidize, see below for instructions on payment for excess quantities.
- Proof of residency* is required at event.
* Proof of residency includes driver’s license, car registration, tax or utility bill, or transfer station sticker
BRING A CHECK FOR PAYMENT IF:
- You are from a town that is NOT a Member of the SSRC OR
- You are from Hanover, Hanson, Hingham, Hull, Kingston or Middleborough, AND your town is neither hosting nor cohosting the event you wish to attend, AND you don’t have a Visitor Authorization Form from your town’s responsible department OR
- you have a Visitor Authorization Form, but have more material than the form indicates your Town will subsidize OR
- Your material is from a commercial source
- Have check made out ahead of time to: MXI Environmental
Quantity and Cost
Costs are based on container size for liquids (not contents), and approximate weight for solids, payable by check to MXI Environmental:
|Less than 10 gallons/10 lbs||$40|
|10-25 gallons/10-25 lbs||$50|
|Each additional quantity up to 25 |
NOTE: A bag of fertilizer may weigh more than 25 lbs
NOTE: Minimum charge for pickup at home or facility is $400, plus cost of material.
TIPS FOR DAY OF COLLECTION
- DO NOT BAG your materials, it makes it difficult for us to assess them. Bring in closed containers in a sturdy box.
- BRING A BOOK: Lines can sometimes be long, especially in the first hour of a collection. We strive to keep wait times under a half hour, but it is not always possible.
- Walk-ins (as opposed to drive-ins) are NOT ALLOWED, due to safety issues.
- Please STAY IN YOUR CAR. This is both for your own safety and to keep the line moving.
Contact Craig at MXI , 800.742.5542, to prearrange payment
QUESTIONS: Call the SSRC at 781.329.8318