The following is a list of material Accepted at ALL and SOME Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events.
- Please place accepted materials in cardboard or rigid plastic containers.
- Keep materials in their original or labeled containers if possible.
- Do not pack materials in plastic bags. We need to see it.
Improper of hazardous waste materials can react, explode or create toxic fumes, contaminate soil and groundwater, and endanger the health & safety of people & animals.
Mercury is ILLEGAL to dispose of in the trash. Bring your mercury-containing products to the Board of Health during regular hours.
- Mercury is found in compact fluorescent lamps, and in many thermometers, thermostats, barometers & blood pressure cuffs
- Mercury is a heavy silver liquid that poisons the nervous system, liver & kidneys
- Pregnant women & young children are the most vulnerable
- Mercury poses no hazard when contained in a product
IF YOU HAVE HAND SANITIZER DEEMED TOXIC BY FDA, BJ’s. Costco, Target and WalMart (and probably others) will take it back with a receipt
Materials Accepted AT ALL EVENTS
Acids and Bases
Asbestos: CALL AHEAD
781-329-8318. See A-Z
Cleaners and Polishes
Driveway Sealer – oil based only – see A-Z for latex based instructions
Fertilizers Containing Pesticides, Herbicides
Gasoline, Motor oil mixtures
Marine and Auto Paints
Mercury, including thermostats, etc. (see A-Z)
Moth Balls and Crystals
Paint and Stain (oil based ONLY)
Pesticides, Herbicides, Fungicides
Materials Accepted AT SOME EVENTS
Many of our Towns accept these items regularly. See Town Programs.
WEYMOUTH, HULL ONLY
Latex Paint – USABLE
Accepted at 10/5/19 Hanover collection only
NiCad (Rechargable) and Button Batteries