The following is a list of material Accepted at ALL and SOME Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events.
- Please place accepted materials in cardboard or rigid plastic containers.
- Keep materials in their original or labeled containers if possible.
- Do not pack materials in plastic bags
Improper of hazardous waste materials can react, explode or create toxic fumes, contaminate soil and groundwater, and endanger the health & safety of people & animals. Bring chemicals in original or labeled containers when possible.
Mercury is ILLEGAL to dispose of in the trash. Bring your mercury-containing products to the Board of Health during regular hours.
- Mercury is found in compact fluorescent lamps, and in many thermometers, thermostats, barometers & blood pressure cuffs
- Mercury is a heavy silver liquid that poisons the nervous system, liver & kidneys
- Pregnant women & young children are the most vulnerable
- Mercury poses no hazard when contained in a product
Materials Accepted AT ALL EVENTS
Acids and Bases
Must be wetted and double-bagged
Cleaners and Polishes
Fertilizers Containing Pesticides
Gasoline, Motor oil mixtures
Marine and Auto Paints
Mercury, Including Thermometers and Thermostats
Moth Balls and Crystals
Paint and Stain – OIL-BASED
Pesticides, Herbicides, Fungicides
Materials Accepted AT SOME EVENTS
Latex Paint – USABLE
NiCad (Rechargable) and Button Batteries