Tackling Mercury Waste: : Update on Resources Available and BMPsTopic: Mercury management
For this meeting we will turn our attention to mercury waste and options available to municipalities to support safe and cost-effective collection and recycling.
Our agenda will include the following:
- Speakers from Wheelabrator and Covanta/SeMASS will review Proposed 2018-2023 Mercury Separation Plans (MSPs)
- Round table discussion about how mercury is managed in non-MSP communities
- Stories from the street: A local health official will speak about mercury's public health impact, with a story about a school spill and follow-up required.
- MACs will provide an update about grants available to support collection and processing
- Refresher Training: We will review technical lessons (how mercury behaves, gets into the environment and living organisms) coupled with a refresher about best practices for identification, handling, labeling, and spills.
Location Middleboro Town Hall, 10 Nickerson Ave.